Thursday, September 4, 2008
Choo-choo
Ceci and I left for Syracuse on Tuesday night by train. Settling in our sleeper car Ceci and I got comfortable for our overnight trip. I highly recommend traveling by train (in a sleeper car) to anyone with children. Or without for that matter. We didn't have to struggle though a check-in line nor security. We didn't have to run miles through airports to change planes. We didn't get stuck on the tarmack for two hours without food or water. Despite the train being half an hour late (better than any air travel I've taken in the past year) and having to board at 12:30 AM, we sat back in the comfort of our own room for the next twelve hours for our trip from South Bend, Indiana to Syracuse. We slept until 7:00 then played with toys and napped until we arrived in Syracuse around noon. Driving would have taken us eleven hours and Ceci would have been strapped in a car seat the entire time. I'm convinced the choo-choo is the way to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment