Last night as we were getting ready for bed I asked Ceci if she wanted to have a poppy party. I explained that we would decorate a box and put all of our poppys inside. We would leave them out for the poppy fairy and while we were asleep she would come and take all of our poppys to give to new little babies who needed them. The poppy fairy would then leave us a present for giving all our poppys. "Sure" she said. Game on! "Who would you like to come to your Poppy Party?" I asked. "Ceeka" she replied. A quick text to Ceeka's mommy and we're off to the races. So for the next 24 hours I talked it up, had her teachers talk it up and ran to the nearest craft store for the necesseties. Ceci and Ceeka decorated the box, complete with fairy stickers and gems, while they wore their princess party hats and ate the appropriate party pizza. Ceci and I ran around the house gathering poppys and putting them in the box, like a game of hide and seek. Ceci decided she wanted to leave the box on the table for the poppy fairy and we said goodbye to our party friends and got ready for bed. Now comes the part I was fearing since I brought up the whole idea. Remarkably, she did well. She was pleading for me to find "just one poppy" and after convincing her that the poppy fairy had snuck in while we were getting ready for bed and took the poppys already, she gave in and let me rock her to sleep. I also remember something about promising to skype with the poppy fairy to see if she still had Ceci's poppy, but we'll leave that for tomorrow.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The shirt she's wearing says "My mommy is the coolest"! She can't help it ;)
I wish I was there to see it all.
Post a Comment