
So Ceci and I went for our normal walk today at the bluff. After, we found a place to sit and fed Ceci. As we walked back to the car Ceci slipped out of the stroller hit the ground and flipped over onto her face. Panic struck and I went into crisis mode. Luckily the pediatricians number was in my phone (good advice for all those moms out there to put the docs number in your phone) and they were able to get us right in. Ceci cried very little but the thought of her falling terrified me. She checked out ok at the doctors but they sent us over to the hospital for a CT scan just to be sure. Ceci was such a trooper getting the scan. They had to drape her in a cloth, cover her in the lead apron and strap her head to a harness. Not once did she make a peep. Now I on the other hand was a mess at this point. At least one of us were strong. The CT scan came back normal. Moral of the story - don't forget to buckle your kids into their strollers. Anyone who has similar stories, please share. It would make me feel better to know there were other imperfect mothers out there! The picture above shows the raspberry Ceci got on her little nose from the fall.
1 comment:
This post came just as I had sent you a note on your last one!
I did a similar thing...don't fret!!
Rich was not strapped into his car seat and in unclicking the car seat out of the stroller he went flying. It was luckily inside on carpet and he was asleep. He never knew what hit him, but I was a wreck for the rest of the day!
Post a Comment